Full Marching Band Camp starts Thursday, July 31, 10am-6pm!
Full camp is held July 31, Aug. 1, and Aug. 4-8 with our performance showcase on Aug. 8 at 6pm.
Water Funness Day at Outlook Park, July 24th from 1-4pm.
Next Student Band Board Meeting Aug. 1 right after camp.
SPIRIT DAYS, AUG. 4-8
Monday: Music Monday (band shirt, something musical)
Tuesday: Tutu/Toga Tuesday (make sure you can still march!)
Wednesday: Section Colors (decide with your section)
Thursday: Throwback Thursday (dress like someone from the past)
Friday: Super Heroes (pretty self-expalantory...)
Check the Marching Band & Color Guard page for more information.
Help raise money for the Broomfield Bands with each Amazon.com purchase you make!
A big congratulations to our Winter Percussion and Winter Guard ensembles, both having earned a State Championship Title for the 2014 Season! This marks the first state title for Broomfield Winter Guard, and Broomfield as the only Colorado school to have a state title in both Winter Guard and Winter Percussion in 2014. Congrats!
The 2014-2015 Marching Band show has been announced: The Resistance featuring the music of rock band Muse!
Parts and mp3 recordings can be found on the Marching Band Page.
Detailed Course Description PDF
BAND 1 is offered to all students that play a wind or percussion instrument.
The Fall semester consists of Marching Band (Aug - Nov) and Concert Band (Nov - Dec).
The Spring semester consists of Concert Band and Pep Band.
JAZZ BAND is offered to all students that play a jazz band instrument (piano, guitar,
bass, drums, trombone, trumpet, saxophone, clarinet), and is a year-long course.
Currently there is no audition required to be accepted into the class.
Students interested in joining Jazz Band should contact Mr. Laney for more information,
and check out the Jazz Band page.
GUITAR 1 is a new class we are offering this year at BHS. This class is designed
to help beginning and intermediate guitar players become better performers on the
instrument. The class is open to students who own and play a guitar, ukulele, bass,
banjo, or mandolin.
-Ryan Laney, Director of Bands
"United we stand, divided we fall"
The Broomfield Band Member's Creed
1. As a member of the Broomfield Band Program, I will consistently exhibit remarkable self-discipline, not only in band functions, but in all areas of life.
2. As a member of the Broomfield Band Program, I will show the greatest respect to all those around me, regardless of age, title, or relation to myself, and will proactively help others as needed regardless of personal recognition or compensation.
3. As a member of the Broomfield Band Program, I will be prepared for all rehearsals, performances, and general functions with all necessary equipment, music, clothing, and other needs as is relevant.
4. As a member of the Broomfield Band Program, I will treat all equipment, facilities, and other materials with the greatest care, regardless of location, ownership, and current condition.
5. As a member of the Broomfield Band Program, I will use my talents and abilities to contribute to my community in a positive way, holding to a strong moral conduct for the betterment of myself and others.
6. As a member of the Broomfield Band Program, I will adhere to the functions of an internal democracy, lead by example, and follow directions from my own leaders.
7. As a member of the Broomfield Band Program, I will respect my director, my instructors, the student leadership, the volunteers, and my peers, and will proactively show my appreciation for them.
8. As a member of the Broomfield Band Program, I will ALWAYS perform at the highest level, and will expect myself to be a better person tomorrow than I am today.